These delicious, Maryland style Gluten-Free Crab Cakes are perfect for an appetizer or as a meal themselves. This is a simple gluten-free crab cake recipe which is identical to any other crab cake recipe, the only difference is that it uses gluten-free breadcrumbs. I used 4c Gluten-Free Bread Crumbs.
Gluten Free Crab Cakes
- 6 crab cakes
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 1 lb Jumbo Lump Crab Meat
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Gluten-Free Bread Crumbs
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Worcestshire Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Finely Diced Celery
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley
- Canola oil for frying
- Drain crab meat and place into a medium sized bowl, along with celery, parsley, and gluten-free bread crumbs. Remove any bits of shell/cartilage if present.
- In a small bowl beat eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, and Old Bay.
- Gently fold egg mixture into the crab mixture. Do not over mix or crab will break down. You want to have nice sized pieces of crab for texture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from fridge and form 6 patties.
- Heat canola oil and fry patties 4-5 minutes per side at medium heat.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with your choice of condiments.
Read more about this chef..